Announcements Week of October 21, 2019

Photo by Jason Rosewell on Unsplash

Mike McCormick, Adviser

1st Period Teachers-please renew the Mission Tomorrow Field Trip details with your students. There was a previous email sent out by Mrs. Horne

Veteran’s Day is quickly approaching! Please bring in pictures of family and friends who serve in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, or Marines to be placed on the Wall of Heroes outside of the gym. Make sure to write your name on the back of all pictures and bring to Mrs. Fleenor to post.

Elevate your options: Programs for Excellence will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 6pm in the NKMS Media Center. The evening will showcase special programs, most of which have application procedures and require careful course planning. All 7th through 10th graders are invited to attend.

Do you wish to spend more time outside during the school day? Do you want to eat a calm lunch away from the hustle and bustle of the cafeteria? If you have earned 10 R.O.A.R. Rewards,  you are eligible to submit those rewards to any teacher to purchase a day of Outdoor Lunch this FRIDAY, October 25th! After submitting your rewards to a teacher, you should receive an Outdoor Lunch Badge to wear on the day of your lunch. We hope to see you outside!

To celebrate students who R.O.A.R.-ed this first quarter, we will be hosting a Student vs. Faculty Volleyball Game as our Quarter 1 Celebration on the afternoon of Friday, November 1! In order to attend, students must submit 2 R.O.A.R. Rewards to any teacher to be added to the party list by the end of the day on Wednesday, Oct. 30! This is sure to be a fun event for all attendees, so be sure to submit your  2 R.O.A.R. Rewards to a teacher today!

• Attention faculty and staff! Reminder that each Monday is “Meditation Monday”! If you’d like to end your school day mindfully, please meet in Mrs. Hodges’ Room, 109, at 3:00pm #selfcare
  • Attention faculty and staff! Reminder that each Wednesday is “Walk-it-Out Wednesday”! Meet outside of Room 109 to end the day by staying healthy and walking with other staff members around campus.
  • Attention faculty and staff! Reminder that each Thursday is “Thoughtful Thursday”! Say a kind word, send a thoughtful email, or express your gratitude to someone special in your life!